This website is all about leveraging the knowledge of writers in order to help other writers! We are currently accepting submissions for content to publish on our website at MelbeeAcademy.com. If you’re interested in publishing content with us, please read our guidelines carefully to ensure you’re a good fit.
Our website is focused on helping authors, writers, and students improve their craft and grow their writing careers. Our readership is looking for valuable, informational content that can help them hone writing craft techniques, learn a valuable skill, or inspire them to keep pushing toward their goals and dreams. Your content submission should fall in line with what our readership is looking for and offer value to the platform we’re building with Melbee Academy.
Topics We’re Looking For…
Updated 7/5/2021: We are currently in need of topics for our publishing, creative writing, and writing lifestyle categories. If you’ve been published (magazines and literary journals count) or are self-publishing and have insights to share, this might be a good fit for you! That being said, if you’re a published author or freelance writer with a proven track record of success, we’d love inspirational content, tips, or interview-style content. We also accept submissions from writers who have been published in online publications, literary magazines, and established blogs. Aspiring writers and avid readers who have successfully grown their online presence on social media may also be considered.
- Please submit content using the form below, accurately filling in each column.
- Only nonfiction how-to, journalism, lifestyle, and educational pieces accepted. We do not publish fiction or narrative nonfiction.
- We do NOT accept plagiarized or previously published works. We will check and you will be blacklisted from further submissions if you break this guideline.
- Articles should be the same format and style as other articles on this site. Submissions should be 1,200 to 2,500 words on average with round-up articles being at least 800 words.
- Please include a brief pitch about why your article should be published. Pitches should include a working headline, two to three paragraphs that outline why you think the topic/story matters, with some indication of how you plan to report and tell the story (e.g., sources, key characters or narrative events). Also tell us a little about who you are and why you’re the right person to write this story, and please indicate whether your pitch is timely.
- You should include a Google Docs link to your written work as a public, viewable document so that we can review. If you haven’t yet written the article you’d like to proposition, please at least include a link to a writing sample in a Google Doc or a few published online works so we can gauge your writing style.
- Note that we do not accept blatant attempts to self-promote, advertise, or backlink to your personal website. All content must add authentic value to our audience.
- Rights to Work: Articles published on Melbee Academy are owned by Melbee Academy. To help your article rank as high as possible, we do not allow writers to publish these pieces elsewhere as it would cause your content to compete against itself online (i.e., duplicate content issues). Contributors’ names will always be displayed on their articles, and they will receive a bio section on the Authors Page for the life of their article, with links to social media pages and personal website, if applicable. Melbee Academy reserves the right to use or not use your article, and we do have the right to unpublish your piece at any time in the future for any reason. If your article is ever unpublished/removed from Melbee Academy, online publishing rights will automatically be transferred back to you and you may then automatically have the right to republish the article online wherever you so choose.
- Payment: Melbee Academy does not pay for article contributions at this time, but offers author credit, a bio section, and links to promote our contributors’ personal websites and social media profiles.
If you’re having trouble submitting the form or have submitted it, but haven’t heard from us within 60 days, please send your submission to our editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Manual submissions should NOT have attachments or links. If submitting via email, please use the subject line, “Melbee Academy Article Submission.” Copy and paste your writing sample within your email rather than attaching. Please allow at least 60 days for a response, however, responses are often much quicker.